- This event has passed.
Lexipol Webinar – Serving Amid Chaos: Taking Care of Your Community, Your Colleagues & Yourself
August 4, 2020
The events of the past several months have shaken the core of law enforcement, leaving many officers questioning their roles and even their career choice. The main threats facing officers used to be violent criminals, roadway operations and personal health risks. Today, the public, the media, bosses, elected officials and even family and friends can seem to pose a threat. How do you deal with the deluge of opinion, anger and confusion and still serve your mission?
Law enforcement officers can’t change the political realities of the moment. But they can affect their own behavior, positively influence that of the public and colleagues and recommit to the ideals that drove them to this profession.
Join Lexipol for an exclusive presentation featuring resiliency and leadership strategies from the front lines of law enforcement, clinical psychology and neuroscience. This webinar is intended for rookies all the way up to command staff.
• The neurobiology behind how we perceive and react to threats and how it relates to the current public perception of law enforcement
• Strategies for taking care of yourself and reframing a career vision that allows you to grow and continue to serve
• How to recognize and rectify unhealthy behavior patterns
• Steps leaders should take when confronted by officers who want to leave law enforcement
- New book by Mike Taigman and Sascha Liebowitz: Super-Charge Your Stress Management in the Age of COVID-19
- Build your emotional and psychological resilience in 3-5 minutes a day with the artificially intelligent smart phone app ResilientFirst
- Cordico, the leader in officer wellness, creates customized CordicoShield Wellness Apps for law enforcement agencies of all types and sizes
- Sgt. Brian Casey is the author of Good Cop, Good Cop and hosts the CopThink Podcast, where he explores the question, “Why do police do what they do?”
Related Lexipol Resources
- [On-Demand Webinar] Law Enforcement Peer Support: Therapeutic & Legal Considerations with Chief Ken Wallentine and Barry Toon
- [On-Demand Webinar] First Responders, Stress Management and Coronavirus with Mike Taigmam
- [Q&A PDF] Why Peer Support Teams Are at the Heart of a Healthy Agency with Dr. David Black