Join our Family
FirstWatch is a small company with a big commitment to those who depend on us. Our customers (EMS, fire, police, public health, and hospitals) provide the essential safety net for people throughout the US and Canada. These customer/partners literally have lives in their hands every day. Our team members enjoy our fast paced, innovative and fun culture that’s laser focused on meeting the needs of our customers so they can take good care of their communities. If you’re people-oriented, kind, able to learn new things quickly, and love being part of a small, hard-working, intensely cohesive team doing big things then we’d love to see if there’s a place for you on our team.
Open Positions – Location Carlsbad, CA
Are you looking for a role where you’re responsible for creating a product’s coding and development in a way that is attractive and convenient for users? Would you like to use your knowledge with programming code to create interactive programs that enhance a customer’s experience with a brand and facilitate an enjoyable experience on the business’s website or platform? Do you have what it takes to implement the brand’s strengths through the interface of a product?
At FirstWatch, we partner with public safety and healthcare professionals to turn raw data into useful and actionable information, improving operational effectiveness and driving better outcomes. When customers use FirstWatch, they view easy-to-read, customizable web pages, dashboards, charts, graphs, and maps designed to make it easy for them to interpret the data being collected by their 911 and public safety system. This position is located in Southern California, temporarily working remotely. If you’re interested in collaborating with a creative, smart, caring, kind team; then send us your resume and be prepared to present a demo of your amazing abilities.
This position is responsible for software development in multi-application, multi-server, and hosted environments. This individual must have a sense of design and flow that is consistent with modern websites utilizing the latest web technologies for building intuitive and responsive user interfaces as well as data visualization frontends in a highly data-driven environment. In addition, the ability to code for cross-browser compatibility is required. Candidate must thrive in a team environment, love to share ideas and collaborate, highly motivated to solve problems, and enjoy enhancing existing products as much as new development. Anyone that might fit well at FirstWatch must be hardworking, a team player, communicate well, people-oriented, friendly, patient, a fast learner, think quickly, take initiative and responsibility. This person will need to maintain a high-quality productivity level within a fast-paced environment. This position may be required for on-call duties and so must be able to thrive in this environment.
- Develop, maintain, and improve software.
- Interface with stakeholders to determine and propose appropriate and effective solutions to meet business and technical objective.
- Work with storyboards and create wireframes as necessary, and communicate clearly through all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Maintain consistency both visually (colors, fonts, sizes, flow, etc.) and branding across all products.
- Create requirements, technical specifications, and test plans, as needed.
- Define scope and timeline, identify dependencies, and provide milestones, and time estimates
- Participate in stand-ups and work planning.
- Provide demos, as frequently as needed.
- Work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Understand and follow best practices in data privacy and security.
- Some off-site work and travel may be required.
- Provide after-hour support as needed.
Skills and Credentials:
- UI/UX-rich technologies such as Bootstrap, Telerik, and Entity Framework.
- Must be familiar with coding and testing on commonly-used browsers.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills using tools such as Fiddler2, F12, and Firebug in Firefox.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio, C#, .Net versions 3.5 and up, MVC, and WCF.
- Hands-on experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL), ODBC, SQL Reporting Services, and Microsoft Access.
- Abide by HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Strong communication skills. May be required to present work and interact with internal. stakeholders and customers.
- Experience with TFS and Azure DevOps for source control, deployment, and tracking tasks.
- Experience with Jira for tracking tasks.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills and Credentials:
- Current Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer or equivalent experience.
- Experience on using Xamarin and developing for accessibility a plus.
- Experience in developing and support software solutions for public safety and public health.
- Experience in interfacing with third party solutions.
- Agile development.
- Successful in taking a web-centric solution to the mobile platform.
- Windows Server OS management skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server management skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Can work under deadlines.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
This job description is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.