Join our Family
FirstWatch is a small company with a big commitment to those who depend on us. Our customers (EMS, fire, police, public health, and hospitals) provide the essential safety net for people throughout the US and Canada. These customer/partners literally have lives in their hands every day. Our team members enjoy our fast paced, innovative and fun culture that’s laser focused on meeting the needs of our customers so they can take good care of their communities. If you’re people-oriented, kind, able to learn new things quickly, and love being part of a small, hard-working, intensely cohesive team doing big things then we’d love to see if there’s a place for you on our team.
Would you like to work with people you can call family? Do you enjoy being a great partner and taking care of the community? How about knowing the work you’re performing helps the people within emergency service agencies provide quality services to our communities? If you’d like to be a part of the FirstWatch family, continue reading about a position we have available for you…
FirstWatch is a small, family-oriented company partnering with the Public Safety/Public Health industry. FirstWatch positions are primarily based in Carlsbad, California; started in 1999, our people, company culture, and wonderful customers are the keys to our success. We’re all about doing the right thing for our customers, their patients, the citizens they serve—and each other. It takes a unique person to be a good fit at FirstWatch.
We are looking for an individual with experience in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) willing to join our team. Someone who will take great care of our customers, is customer service centric and able to work in a face paced environment with the ability to listen and interpret the customers business needs and deliver work product on time. This position shares responsibility (rotates) with other team members for 24×7 on call duties, approximately two days every 8 weeks, and must be able to thrive in this high-responsibility, high-availability environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Public Safety and Public Software Experience (Police, Fire, and EMS) preferred but not required
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): 2- 4 years’ experience
- MS SQL Server 2008 as a minimum: 2- 4 years’ experience
- MS Access, Excel and Power BI knowledge
- Report development and analytic experience using relational database management systems and report writing: 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Developing and working with stored procedures, queries, views, tables and functions
- In addition to a strong business understanding, must have expertise in data analysis and data presentation, reports requirements development, enterprise technology application and support.
- Analytical, logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to come up with a design document from meetings and convert it into a working user interface
- Reporting life-cycle including; planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, support and training
- Managing multiple projects related to report development and deployment
- Ability to prioritize work and complete assignments on time
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong personal and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers and cross-functional team members from a variety of business functions.
- Team player and great collaborator, also self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Desired education: Associates Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or equivalent work experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk, and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Employee must have Internet/Phone/Camera Connectivity.
Employee must practice safe COVID protocol practices.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing and is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.