Reduce Lights-and-Siren Use in EMS
- Reduce Crashes: Most serious ambulance crashes involve the use of lights-and-siren.
- What Really Matters: Lights-and-siren don’t save much time and very few patients benefit from the small time savings.
What are we going to do about this?
- The EMS Community is coming together with a group of world class experts to safely decrease the EMS use of lights-and-siren with a national performance improvement project.
- Our goal is to reduce the use of lights-and-siren to less than 30% of responses and less than 5% of transports on 911 EMS calls.
Benefits of Participation include:
- Improved safety for your patients, providers, and community
- Shared learning, networking, and coaching with content experts and peers
- Resources for testing changes within your agency and sustaining improvements.
- To enroll your agency at no cost: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/nemsqa participation is limited to 50 EMS agencies/systems.
- Program to start early 2022.
To learn more visit: www.nemsqa.org/lights-and-siren/