First Responders, Stress Management and Coronavirus – April 2nd | Recording and ResourcesJenny Abercrombie
How to take care of yourself and your family during this crisis
Coronavirus transformed our lives nearly overnight. Suddenly, we’re bombarded with messages: Stay home, shelter in place, avoid sick people, flatten the curve, not enough ventilators, you may be a carrier for days without symptoms. It’s no wonder people all over the world have a higher collective stress level than any time in modern history.
And if you work in emergency services, you can’t stay home or avoid sick people. The extra layers of worry on top of jobs that are nerve-wracking by design can quickly become overwhelming. During this free webinar, former paramedic, law enforcement trainer and resilience expert Mike Taigman will explain how stress affects first responders and provide strategies you can use to manage during the long haul of this pandemic.
- How stress during emergencies such as the coronavirus outbreak impacts our bodies at a cellular, psychological and emotional level
- Strategies you can start to use instantly to lower your stress and build resilience during the coronavirus crisis
- Practical ways public safety leaders can help decrease stress for their personnel on the frontlines of this epidemic
Contact the Presenter
Cell 510-593-5730 (Please text rather than call and include your name)
If you’d like access to the science and resources behind this talk, e-mail Mike and he will give you access to his files.
- FirstWatch’s ResilientFirst Tool: Turn your smartphone into a virtual resilience coach. Build your resilience by investing just 3-5 minutes a day.
- Lexipol Coronavirus Learning & Policy Center: No-cost policies, courses and training tools for individuals and agencies
- Video: The Wheel of Awareness Meditation narrated by the creator Dan Siegel, MD
- The All Clear Foundation has assembled an amazingly comprehensive list of resources to support the emotional and psychological health of first responders.
Books Mentioned During the Presentation
(Email or text Mike if you’d like other reading ideas on this topic.)
- Jurie Rossouw – Executive Resilience: Neuroscience for the Business of Disruption
- Dan Siegal, MD – Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence—The Groundbreaking Meditation Practice
- Dan Siegal, MD – Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation
- Dan Goleman, PhD – Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body
- Dan Goleman, PhD – Working with Emotional Intelligence
- Robert Sapolsky, PhD – Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers, Third Edition
- Elissa Epel, PhD and Elizabeth Blackburn, PhD: The Telomere Effect: A Revolutionary Approach to Living Younger, Healthier, Longer