Paramedic Chiefs of Canada – 16th COVID-19 Webinar – Details TBD | Thursday, October 24thJenny Abercrombie
Instructions to join are below the description.
New York City was the epicenter for COVID-19 during March and April 2020. Amid the overwhelming case load and mortality associated with COVID burdening our health system leaders and frontline providers in EMS were forced to make life and death decisions, often with too little time and too little information. Dr. Redlener will discuss the challenges faced and how we can be better prepared should we face another pandemic surge.
Facilitator: Kyle Sereda
Michael Redlener, MD, FAEMS
Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Associate Medical Director, Emergency Department
Medical Director for EMS Quality, Mount Sinai EMS
Webinar Facilitation and FirstWatch SitRep: Todd Stout
– Silvia Verdugo, MD, MPH, Medical Director – FirstWatch
– Pam Farber, RN, EMT-P, Public Health Advisor – FirstWatch
Michael Redlener, M.D. FAEMS, is an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Redlener serves as the Associate Medical Director of the Mount Sinai West Emergency Department and the Medical Director for EMS Quality in the Mount Sinai Health System. Dr. Redlener has devoted his professional career to EMS quality improvement, safety and systems of care development. He has championed these ideas at a local, regional and national level. In New York City, he serves as the Regional Emergency Medical Advisory Committee (REMAC) chair of the Quality Improvement Committee. He serves as the President for the National EMS Quality Alliance (NEMSQA) and is the former chair of the National Association of EMS Physician (NAEMSP) Quality and Safety Committee where he co-founded and co-directs of the NAEMSP Quality and Safety Course, a year-long course designed to introduce EMS physicians and professionals to the tenets of healthcare improvement science. He also sits on the American Heart Association Coronary Artery Disease Advisory Group. He received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, NY then completed a residency program in Emergency Medicine at New York University/Bellevue Hospital followed by a fellowship in Pre-hospital and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Medicine with the New York City Fire Department. He is Double Board-Certified in Emergency Medicine and EMS Medicine.
The International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) are our partners in these COVID-19 webinars.
Please TAKE NOTE of a few LOGIN Changes highlighted below.
When Will We be Online?
Session date: Thursday, September 24, 2020
Start time: 10:30am Pacific / 1:30pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour
How to Connect with this Session?
Please accept this email as an electronic invitation to join an Online Presentation. You may forward this invitation to others who may be interested in participating. All you need to attend is a web connected PC and a telephone. If your group is meeting in a central location, please consider using a speakerphone and video projector so all attendees can view the presentation and participate in discussion.
Connection information for this Webinar:
Session number: 133 788 6341
Session password: emschiefs
Please join the training session on your computer BEFORE calling in where possible:
- Go to https://firstwatch.webex.com/firstwatch/k2/j.php?MTID=t0eb8f0bcf5cb6f25fb00646f2a90f8a5
- Enter your name and email address.
• Please consider identifying your “State or Province” followed by your “NAME” in the name section (i.e. SK-John Smith, BC-Jane Doe)
- Enter the session password: emschiefs.
- Click “Join Now”.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- You will be prompted to join the audio conference after you are online with a specific ATTENDEE number. This will facilitate knowing who dialed in and the ability to address you for questions and conversations.
If you are unable to join by computer, you can call in using this audio conference information:
Call-in toll number (US/Canada):1-408-792-6300
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada):1-877-668-4490
Global call-in numbers: https://firstwatch.webex.com/firstwatch/globalcallin.php?MTID=te0e9553ceceb570c0b8fb4b85a76659e Access code: 133 788 6341
Can’t join the training session?
To add this session to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
If the links above don’t work to get you into the webinar for some reason, please follow these instructions:
- Click or cut and paste the following link into your browser’s field: http://firstwatch.webex.com/training
- You will arrive at the FirstWatch WebEx Training Center where today’s scheduled meetings are displayed. Look for a meeting with the same topic as this session and click the “Join Now” link to the right of the meeting topic.
- Follow the on-screen directions and enter your Name, Email Address, and the meeting Password: emschiefs. Press OK.
- A WebEx Training Manager window may appear. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the WebEx software if necessary. This process may take several minutes.
- A “Join Teleconference” window will appear with a phone number and session or meeting code, and attendee ID. Dial this number and follow the voice prompts. The teleconference information is also listed above.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
We strongly recommend that you test your PC and WebEx connection in advance. FirstWatch will be happy to help you with any technical WebEx connection issue prior to the scheduled start of the webinar, but will not be able to help once it has started, to avoid delaying or interrupting the session.
- Go to http://firstwatch.webex.com/training
- Within the Training Center tab, press Setup, then Training Manager, then Set Up.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
If you have any questions, please contact FirstWatch Solutions at: (760) 658-9886 ask for Sara Cinquegrani Cappiello.
For further information visit www.paramedicchiefs.ca
Webinar Date: September 24, 2020 | 10:30 am PT / 1:30 pm ET